|City, State, Zip
- Since 1962, Target has committed 5% of its income to support communities. Today, that totals more than $3 million in giving every week. We’re excited to announce a new chapter of that commitment: our pledge of $500 million by the end of 2015 to support education and help kids learn to read. This will be the largest gift in our history, bringing our legacy of giving to education to $1 billion.(close)
The McKnight Foundation, a Minnesota-based family foundation, seeks to improve the quality of life for present and future generations. Through grantmaking, coalition-building, and encouragement of strategic policy reform, we use our resources to attend, unite, and empower those we serve.
- The General Mills Foundation was created in 1954 to focus the company’s philanthropic resources on community needs. Based in Minneapolis, Minn., the Foundation’s mission is to provide financial support to nonprofit organizations that create sustainable community improvement in the areas of youth nutrition and fitness, social services, education, and arts and culture.(close)
- By working with Minnesota Community Foundation and The Saint Paul Foundation, you can tap into the resources and expertise of two thriving local foundations that share one direction: To help you make a real difference with your charitable giving. As two community foundations, we help donors fulfill their charitable goals and work with communities to identify issues that need attention. The Saint Paul Foundation is the state’s largest community foundation, serving Saint Paul and surrounding areas since 1940.(close)
- Medtronic is passionate about improving the health of people and communities throughout the world, and our philanthropy reflects that passion. We focus our grants and community involvement in the areas where we can make unique and positive contributions. These areas include improving the health of people with chronic diseases, educating future generations of scientific innovators, and enhancing the communities where we live and work.
- Corporate responsibility is part of everything we do. It is a company-wide commitment to apply our global knowledge and experience to help meet complex economic, environmental and social challenges wherever we do business. Four commitments anchor the hundreds of programs and initiatives we have underway at any given time.
- Social responsibility begins with us–and how we do business. Every day, our 75,000 employees strive to find smart ways to promote healthier lives in our communities. To help people achieve the goal of living healthier lives, we believe it is necessary to be active citizens of our communities, nation, and world. Through our foundations, volunteerism, community involvement, and commitment to the environment, we endeavor to positively impact people’s health and communities.
- We make it easy to make a difference – today and for future generations. Since 1915, The Minneapolis Foundation has partnered with generous individuals and families, effective nonprofits, engaged civic leaders and other people just like you to strengthen our community through charitable giving.(close)
- The Fred C. and Katherine B. Andersen Foundation, an independent foundation, was founded in 1959 in Minnesota and funds a wide range of grants on a national basis. Focus areas include higher education, healthcare youth development and homelessness.
To be a catalyst to shape vibrant communities in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and in the 23 sovereign tribal nations that share the same geography. We will invest in courageous and effective leadership that significantly strengthens and improves the well-being of people in these areas.(close)
- 3M is going national in its attempt to provide students with the best in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education. A total of $220,000 was set aside by the 3M Foundation to implement Project Lead the Way (PLTW) curriculum into its 3M communities nationwide. 3M facilities in Austin, Texas, and Cynthiana, Ky., are also working to introduce PLTW curriculum in their community schools through separate 3M Foundation grants. PLTW is a nonprofit organization that provides a rigorous STEM curriculum for middle school and high school students. The program exposes students to areas of study they typically do not pursue, and lays the foundation for a successful college and professional career in STEM related fields.
- To improve the lives of economically disadvantaged children and youth and participate in projects that positively impact the quality of life in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.(close)
- Our mission has always reflected the intent of our founder, Otto Bremer, whose vision and longstanding commitment to communities during and after the Great Depression is carried forward through our work in Bremer communities today. This mission will continue to guide our work. We will assist people in achieving full economic, civic and social participation in and for the betterment of their communities.
- The Best Buy Children’s Foundation strengthens communities through national and local grantmaking programs. With @15, our goal is to empower teens to thrive by helping them excel in school, engage in their communities, and develop life and leadership skills. Please read the guidelines to ensure your organization meets our eligibility requirements or refer to the instructions to assist you with the process.
- We work with community partners who understand the needs of individuals, families and organizations, and match our resources with those community needs. Through our collaborations, families can find affordable places to call home, people can gain job skills, kids from diverse backgrounds can achieve in school, and the wealth of the arts can become more accessible to everyone. Working together, we can develop creative solutions that maximize our human and financial potential.
- Travelers provides support for charitable organizations through the Travelers Foundation and with corporate funding and in-kind services. The company’s community giving is primarily focused on public education reform and improving academic and career success for underrepresented youth in Saint Paul, Minn. and Hartford, Conn. The remainder of Travelers’ civic and charitable giving resources in those cities support targeted local needs in the areas of community development and the arts. Travelers also provides funding related to education, community development and arts & culture in other geographic regions where we have a significant business presence.
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans supports two foundations that address a variety of needs and serve charitable purposes that support individuals, organizations and communities.
- The Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation was created in 2004 by Best Buy founder, Dick Schulze. He wanted to give back to the community in which he and his family grew up and gave him so much in return. It is Dick’s strong belief that a good education, supportive family and strong work ethic will prepare children for a successful future. To ensure families have the ability to be all they can be, the foundation focuses on the following areas: education programs, food, shelter, afterschool programs and camps.
The Northwest Area Foundation is committed to the well-being of the people in our region. We support efforts across our eight states to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable prosperity. We focus on the work of proven or promising organizations those that have demonstrated success and those that are on the cutting edge and poised to do innovative work in poverty reduction.(close)
- Those serving the poor and vulnerable strive to provide the highest quality of service yet continually feel the burden of having to do more with less. The success of these organizations requires persistent and determined focus on continuous improvement. By establishing long-term partnerships with select educational and social services institutions, GHR is affording them time and opportunity to create and innovate, to leverage resources for even greater impact, and to touch the lives of those they serve in more powerful ways.
- St. Jude Medical (SJM) Foundation is proud to support organizations whose missions are to promote health awareness and advance the state of medical knowledge through education, research and training. Three examples are detailed below.
- Wells Fargo is proud to support organizations working to strengthen our communities. Through the efforts of our enthusiastic team member-volunteers and our contributions, we share our success within our communities by giving back to non-profits and educational institutions that address vital community needs and issues. We direct our giving to areas that we believe are important to the future of our nation’s vitality and success: community development, education, and human services.
- The mission of The Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation of Minnesota is to honor the legacy of its founders by supporting efforts that address the unmet human and social needs of individuals, families, and communities that have the least access to resources.
- We know our company’s success is directly related to the vitality of the communities we serve. It is our mission to use our collective knowledge, resources and skills to meet the needs of our communities and ensure that Xcel Energy’s service area is a desirable place for all people to live, work or own a business.
- Dedicated to providing meaningful assistance and support to society, the
arts, the environment, and all living things.